Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ear Infections

Poor Madie. Last night she started complaining about her right ear hurting her. In case you didn't read my entry challenge (scroll down to read, if you desire). Anyway madie had an ear infection in her left ear that required two different antibotics. Well I thought you have to be kidding me when she said her right her was hurting. She was still complaining about it this morning, but I sent her to school. I then called the school nurse to see if she could take a look at Madie's ears. She called me back and sure enough she said both ears looked bad especially the right one. So I got off the phone called the doctor, made an appt. and called the school back to say I would be picking Madie up early from school. The doctor said the right ear was infected and the fluid in the left ear looked like it would turn into an infection in a day or two, so here we go with round three of antibotics. Madie has had an ear infection here and there, but never like this. The nurse and doctor both said that being in school the kids are exposed to so many germs and viruses, sometimes the ones they pick up are pretty resist to antibotics. I guess that's what's going on. The doctor also had me make an appt. for two weeks from now to check it out again. If this new antibotic doesn't work we will probably be off to the ears, nose, throat specialist, since her ear is just not draining. What a pain, I hate ear infections. I just feel like we are so sickly lately. Jeff and the kids have had coughs one right after the other and Madie with her ear infections. It really makes me appreciate when our family is healthy, hopefully we will be again soon.

4 comments:

kg said...

Yes, hopefully soon! Grant is sick today, throwing up and fever...it's so sad when your kids are sick! Get well soon everyone!

Julia Shinkle said...

Is she ok? Does she have other symptoms too? I hope she will be ok. Have Jeff give her a blessing. Tell her I hope she is feeling better. We have had the coughs around here all three kids and Ron. Somehow I have been staying healthy, knock on wood! :)

Cami said...

I hear ya about how great it is when our kids are healthy. I think we are somewhat healthy now after two and a half weeks of fevers, croupe and coughs.
Gavin had lots of ear infections and we ended up going to the ENT doctor he said we could get tubes put in his ears. Which we opted not to do. He didn't get anymore infections for awhile. The doctor also told me that the antibiotics don't really help. Motrin or Tylenol and patience. That is what we did the next time and maybe once after that he got another one. Sorry this is so long. Let me know what happens with her ears.

Julie said...

It's no fun when the kids are sick. I hope you all feel better soon and can enjoy Thanksgiving. We are going to Wyoming Wed-Sat - maybe we'll see you? I hope it's a great holiday regardless.