Monday, December 03, 2007

Changes

Last night Jeff and I were talking about Ethan and how many changes he has been through in the last seven months. Sorry if this is boring to you readers, but this is a journaling tool for me and I wanted to make note of Ethan's progress. Ethan has been a learning lesson for me. I don't want that to sound bad, but he has a strong will and knows what he wants. That strong will has been a challenge for me to learn to deal with (I am still learning). I have to say for all the difficult times he has such a sweet side that makes me melt. He has such an infectious smile, his whole face smiles and those big brown eyes had me the first time I saw them. Since moving here Ethan has made lots of transitions and for this I am soo proud of him. Before we moved Ethan was still in the crib (it makes me laugh to think that seven months ago he was in a crib), so he moved over to a big boy bed and has done very well. He did well with the move and then a month later we had a new addition to the family. Ethan has loved his brother from the start and has learned to be gentle and sweet. We recently took his pacifier or "button" as he called it away. For quite some time he had it only at naps and at night. One night Jeff couldn't find the button and told Ethan it was gone forever (which Jeff found it a few minutes later hiding in the bed, but once you've said it's gone, it has to be gone). That has been one of his hardest transitions, there has been many a hard night (sometimes getting up two or three times), but I think we are finally doing better. I am proud of the little boy that Ethan is becoming. He still has plenty of days where I debate running for the hills, but I love him and I feel overwhelmed at the fact that Heavenly Father trusted me to raise this little spirit that has so much potential and so much intellect. Now if I can only get the boy potty trained. Ethan you are loved.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

It was fun catching up on your blog. I have such a crutch using google reader and for some reason it won't read your blog and I forget that sometimes. I love those pictures of you and Madi. So sweet. I loved this post about Ethan, it makes me feel a little better knowing that other people have a challenging kid too.

kg said...

Parenting is challenging with all the little things you mentioned above, but like you also mention so worth it! Amazing that our little ones come with such great and personal personalities! You're a great mom :)

Alli said...

You sound exactly how I feel with my dear, lovely, sweet, stinker Brooke sometimes...she definitely challenges me.