Monday, February 04, 2008

Random Thoughts

I just read a blog that I check out frequently and the author of the blog shared some thoughts that really hit me. She talked about comparing ourselves to others and to not really realizing that we each do have our own mission. I really liked what she said because I tend to forget that I am a unique individual with special talents and abilities and a special mission. I fall into the comparision trap way too easily. The last week and a half really stretched and tested me and I survived. I know that I will be having another hard period coming up soon and I am dreading it, but I know that my Heavenly Father supported me this last time and will be there for me again. I am truly thankful for this blog and the oppurtunity it affords to me keep track of the things that are going on in my life. I am also grateful for the chance it gives me too "peek" into others lives and get to know people who I would otherwise never know. So to those of you who I "peek" on thank you for sharing yourselves with me and often inspiring me too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kim,
I finally signed up to leave comments! I think you've made a great point about individual talents. You have so many things to offer and excel in so many different areas--you don't give yourself enough credit sometimes. Glad you're rough week is finally over. You'll do great next time, too!

Amy H.

Mary Ann said...

I struggle with the comparison thing and also viewing everything as a competition. It helps to take a step back and realize we are all here to help each other and we have alot to offer in our own ways! Thanks for the reminder!

Julia Shinkle said...

I think I read the same blog. It is so true...there are so many things that I would like to develop a talent at but I often don't know where to start.

Ryan and Angela said...

You're welcome. Do you like how I am pretending this was about me even though I know it had nothing to do with me? By the way, love the artwork. So cute.