By far Landon has changed the most of all the kids this month. He has started crawling (a little gimpy crawl because he doesn't bend of his legs, hopefully he'll start crawling more normally, because he looks quite sill) I feel totally unprepared for this phase. We never had stairs with the other kids, so now I need to go purchase a gate. He has already managed to find things on the floor to put in his mouth, so I must now keep a eye on the floor at all times. Madie and Ethan are already crying out "no landon" when he tries to get their things. He is also getting four teeth on the top (yes that is a total of six teeth). Landon started saying Da Da finally, waving (sort of) and clapping in last week and half. Landon is also getting so much better at eating normal table food like macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, cooked noodles, sloppy joe, and fruits.
Madie is getting so good at reading. They have been sending books home as homework and that has really helped. Madie is also starting to do some math and spelling. She sounds out words and spells them how they sound, she gets pretty close on most of them. Madie is into jokes, but does not understand what a joke is. Her and Ethan laugh and laugh and Jeff and I just look at each other like okay, and laugh so we don't hurt her feelings. Madie is going through some kind of seperation anxiety faze, she had a sleepout at her cousins house while we were visiting family and it was quite the ordeal to decide is she even wanted to go. The thought of me not being there scared her, but I knew if she went she would have so much fun. In the end she went and she did great and had a super fun time playing with her cousins.
The kids are into asking me if things that we eat are healthy (not quite sure where it came from other than I try to feed them healthy things and so we have had talks about it). Madie and Ethan are really into breakfast and cereal lately there favorites are: Special K (red berry, and fruit & yougurt, Kashi Heart to Heart, and Special K waffles). I think Ethan is so into breakfast because he has decided that he doesn't want to eat anything with green spices in it (hello, everything has green spices in it), so he has gone to bed w/o dinner a lot lately. If anyone has any suggestions about this, please pass them along.
Ethan is still very much into singing Jeff got him a new CD on one of his trips to Alaska and Ethan is often found singing his heart out. Ethan is starting to color more and get a little more hand control with crayons, which is good I have been a little worried that he doesn't color more, since Madie has always been such a little artist. Ethan is really into doing jigsaw puzzles and is getting quite good. He will often put some together while I am getting ready and then comes in so excited, wanting me to come and see.
Well that's about all I can think of right now. I just can't believe how much and how fast they are all changing, especially Landon he is growing up so fast, where does the time go?
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Those little ones sure do grow and change fast. Was just thinking about that today with my four. I can't believe Caleb will be 10 this year and that in another 10 he will be off on his own...sure wish I could stop the hands of time and keep them as they are.
Post a Comment