The first stop of your Yellowstone Adventure was at Mesa Falls outside of Island Park Idaho. The falls were very beautiful. We stopped at distant vantage point and looked at the falls from above, the kids were excited because we saw a couple of Marmonts, we also got eaten alive by mosquitos so we were back at the cars pretty quickly. We then went down the road to the very top of the falls, it was gorgeous. The Falls fall for quite a distance, land in a pool and then fall again over a smalller falls. There was this beautiful mist that ascended up from the bottom of the falls and then there was this green mold covering the rocks that surrounded the falls and the pool below. It was very very breathtaking.
The grandkids at the overlook to Mesa Falls (Ethan, Thomas, Seth, Brookie, Justin)
I just loved the flag in the foreground with the beautiful mist coming up behind
The view from the top of Mesa Falls
Shane and Thomas
Brookie
I loved the contrast of the mist with the beautiful green of the moss on the rocks
Landon chilling with Daddy
Leslee and Collin
What is it about falling water that is just breathtaking
The little boys, they are all a year apart and they had so much fun playing together









5 comments:
Looks like you had a fun time.
Beautiful pics! I am jealous- I haven't been to Yellowstone forever. Was it a good vacation for the little ones? I wonder how they would do.
So cute! Looks like you guys had a good time!
I think we have a family picture taken at the same place!? Really great pictures!
I LOVE these pictures, you are awesome! Mesa falls is one of my favorite places! Mark has fished at the bottom of those falls and Rex and I have spent hours playing on the river's edge. We also saw a bear and her 2 cubs right below there last time we were there. Isn't is just amazing?!
Post a Comment