Monday, July 21, 2008

The Zoo

We took the kids on Saturday morning to the zoo. Madie went only a few months ago with her school class, but we knew that Ethan would like to go and that it would be a fun Summer activity for us to do as a family. Madie and Ethan were excited about going and we had a fun time. It is always fun to see the animals up close. It was a nice day and we enjoyed spending time together.



Ethan was all decked out at the zoo he insisted on wearing his glasses
and his backpack to the zoo he looked so cute

Photobucket
Madie wearing her shades waiting to go in

Photobucket
Landon just chillin in the stroller waiting to go into the zoo

Photobucket

Ethan had a fun time playing in the Prairie Dog tunnels

I couldn't believe the wing span on this Condor he was just standing there with his wings out

Photobucket

Madie Looking at the Condor

Photobucket

I just love this picture of Ethan's head next to the Tiger's Head


I liked catching Ethan's and Madie's shadows in the glass

Photobucket

Shadow Self Portrait


Photobucket

Jeff and the kids checking out the exhibits


One of the Zoo teens was asking Madie if she knew which was a tortoise shell and which was a turtle shell and what the differences were

Photobucket

Madie and Ethan were excited to go on the merry go round

It is near impossible to capture all three smiling and looking at the same time

Family Picture

6 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

I love love love the tunnel one. Madie is just looking too grown up to me...with her teeth growing in and her face just looks more mature.

Cami said...

What great shots. They didn't have the carosel there when I was growing up. Fun outing.

Tracey said...

So cute! I'm glad that you were able to get out of the house, and have a little bit of fun! I'm loving Ethan in his sunglasses, what a stud! Nice self portrait too - your hair totally shows that it's you!

Stevens said...

I like the tunnel one too. Last summer when we went to the Boise zoo with my sister, Phil was gawking and laughing at the monkeys and one threw a corn cob at him. It was so funny and he so deserved it!! It's a fun zoo.

Mary Ann said...

How fun! That is kinda funny that we went to the zoo on the same morning! I always wonder what other zoos are like. I would really like to visit more zoos and compare! Did the merry go round cost extra there>? Just wondering. I am so jealous of your photography skills :)

Dana said...

Who did you let hold the camera? Love the tunnel shot...your exposures are looking great!