Madie had her first week of school. She seems to be enjoying and adjusting to it well. The first day or two was a little strange without her here at lunch, but we have been doing well. I ask her everyday if she had a good day, and so far she has only had good things to say. She seems to like her teacher and is making friends with the kids in her class. Our only problem seems to be that she isn't eating her lunch, because she doesn't want to miss recess afterwards. We have had to have a few talks about the importance of her eating her lunch.
I got together with the other moms who will be doing the preschool with me, I am excited about the oppurtunity for Ethan to have something to look forward to two times a week. The mom's all seemed great and it seems like they have a really good system in place (some of them did it last year together). I am excited because my neighbor is going to be doing it too, and her son and Ethan are good little friends. I am a little worried about what I will do with Landon on my week, but we'll get it figured out.
Some exciting news is that we finally cut Landon's hair. That's right I finally cut those cute little curls. Jeff was pretty much threatening me with cutting them off himself if I didn't do it soon. I admit it was getting pretty long. The other day it was flipping out on both sides, I put a little clip in it of Madie's and lets just say if he was a girl he would have looked adorable. I guess that's what finally made me realize it had to happen, oh and maybe the fact that at least three people at stores have called him a girl. He looks adorable with the hair, but it is taking a little getting used to. I will post a picture soon, and no worries I made sure to save some of his hair.
Madie had her second soccer pracitce this week and will have her first game this coming Saturday. I am also trying to prepare for Ethan's birthday party which is also on Saturday, so it is going to be one busy day this Saturday. I can see that the older kids get and the more kids you have life can get pretty busy. Madie had Friday off and has Monday off to so it has been nice to have her at home again all day for a few days.
Ethan decided to have a Kung Fu Panda party, we invited five little boys to the party this will be Ethan's first Birthday party so I hope he is excited. We went and purchased his big gift on Saturday and Madie also picked out a present for Ethan, which she is so ready to give him she can hardly stop asking me about it. I just hope she doesn't spill the beans to him before his Birthday.
That pretty much recaps what's been going here this last week. Hopefully we will get out and do something fun and enjoy spending the whole day together. I hope everyone is having a great long weekend.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment