Friday, October 24, 2008

This is how I found him

Well I guess we all know what Ethan's going to be for Halloween. I have to admit I have had a secret goal that I would make my kids costumes for as long as I could and that I would make sure they were unique things that every other kid wasn't going to be, well I guess you can see I have not achieved my goal. When I started asking the kids what they wanted to be Ethan kept saying Spiderman, I already knew at least one little boy in the ward who was going to be that and could only imagine how many other little boys we would see with the same costume. I kept trying to sway him to be something else, but he kept coming back to Spiderman. Jeff got a little mad at me and asked me if this was about What Ethan wanted? or What I wanted? I knew the answer inside I wanted it to be about me and my goal, but I realized how totally selfious and self serving that was so I decided to let Ethan be a little boy who is excited about what he is going to be. I went and bought the costume and he has hardly taken it off since I bought it. Madie has never been a dress up girl, she refuses, I guess I have a dress up little boy instead of girl. I have to admit that seeing how totally excited he is about it, how much he loves wearing it, and how happy he is makes me not care that he won't get the originality award this year. This is seriously how I found him the other day and I had to laugh and grab the camera. Oh how I love this boy.

7 comments:

Denise G said...

Okay, that little boy is too cute. I have wondered how I will feel about the day when my boy wants to wear spiderman attire. My fear is that it won't be just for Halloween, but day in and day out with no washing in between. LOL

Ringleader said...

Spiderman all day every day - we went through that phase here for a long time. While the mask didn't get much use (maybe not ANY) the costume was worn at every opportunity, then became pajamas, then even got handed down to the next brother. :+)

Michelle said...

Well he and Rex will definitely be twins! Funny thing is I think Rex now wishes he had a scarier costume because it keeps insisting that he is a scary Spiderman!!

Stevens said...

That is so awesome!! I admit, I feel the same way about my kids costumes and we finally bought Yoda for Micah this year. oh well, if it makes them happy....

Tracey said...

Silly boy! I'm glad you let him be Spiderman, he looks like loves it! Wish I could be closer for Halloween to see the kids, but I'll be excited to see the pictures:) Love ya!

Mary Ann said...

Jonah used to do that all the time with his Spiderman suit and mask, mostly the mask. So funny!

Kristie said...

So cute I totally know how you feel about wanting it your way. I have the same problem I want us all to dress as the theme and that gets a little difficult when they all want to be something different lucky enough for me Jax is the only one with a strong opinion so far. So I just went with what he wanted and the rest of us are following suit. Starwars characters not my first choice but I have to admit now that I have got it all taken care of it will be quite fun. P.S. I added you to my follow list again and this time it work Yeah! the last time I tried I was adding everyon on my list so something must have jammed up or something. Anyway hopefully I can do better at keeping up these days. On mine and everybody elses