Monday, January 05, 2009

Beauty Girl

I feel so lucky to have this sweet girl in my life. She truly is a wonderful daughter. She is helpful, sweet, snuggly, creative, thoughtful, sentimental, caring. Don't get me wrong she has her momments just like any kid, but overall she has always been a very good child. I have been going through the kids old clothes trying to get a handle on the growing number of totes and I found a bag of shoes from when Madie was a baby. I can't even begin to tell you of the way my heartstrings were pulled by finding them. I just am having a hard time with the fact that Madie is growing up. I in no way want anyone to think I love my boys any less than her, but I have two boys and Ethan doesn't go to school for another year, so I feel like they are still my "little boys". Madie on the other hand just seems to be getting older everyday and it is hard for a mother to take. I was born to a family of three girls, my mother was born to a family of three girls, my mom and all her sisters had three girls to begin with, Jeff has only sisters and no brothers. I just grew up thinking I would be a mother of a troop of little girls. I love having sons and a daughter, little boys are wonderful and amazing and I wouldn't trade having both for anything, but deep down I have to admit I would love to have another daughter and Madie to have a sister. So with all that said I just want to say that I am very thankful for this sweet girl in my life, for what she brings to it, the blessing she has been. With all the sadness of her growing up it is also amazing to see her learn new things, relate on new levels, and to have our mother daughter bond growing stronger. I love you Madie.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Does she just have the most gorgeous hair? I wish mine looked like hers.

6 comments:

Alli said...

She's always been such a beautiful child - she really is growing up though! Lost her two front teeth and everything. It's a bittersweet experience indeed to watch your children grow. I always wish I had a way to stop, rewind, and pause (and mute) them so I could remember them as little ones whenever I wanted to.

Tracey said...

She is a little beauty, that's for sure!!!

Becky said...

Hello Eyes! I know what you mean about finding baby shoes. I still can't get rid of a few of my girls baby dresses!

Emily said...

I finally let my little girl things go (to Alissa mostly) since I had my 3 in a row. Now that Justin is 8 months, I hold on to his cute little things and can't believe how fast time has gone by!

Stevens said...

I admit I'm jealous. Of her hair and having a girl!! It will be so fun to share that bond as she grows. I'm always fine with having boys until I think about my relationship with my mom as I'm a mom. I can't imagine not having that when I'm a grandma. So I'd better get good daughter-in-laws!! She's beautiful!

Julia Shinkle said...

Kim I looked at the phone as we hung up today and we were on the phone for 109 minutes and 44 seconds...It was soooo good to talk to you!