Thursday, February 05, 2009

Grateful

Last night we had our stake Young Womanhood Award Recognition night and it was so nice. The decorations were beautiful, the spirit was so strong, the talks were great, and the music was inspiring. Our stake young women's president got up and talked about how she has been serving in young womens for more than 25 years and how she has seen the girls she has taught move through life and how it has been so rewarding to see the girls who have made good choices moving happily through life and those who made bad choices struggling through life (of course there are expections to both of these senarios).

It made me look back on the 4 1/2 years of my life I have been serving in Young Womens and the way the youth have touched my life. My first calling in young womens was with the beehives and it was so fun to be their teacher, I then got moved up to teach the Mia Maids and low and behold all my beehives moved up with me (after their birthdays) and I had the privilge of being their teacher for 3 years. It was amazing and heartbreaking at times to watch them growing up a part of me felt like they were my daughters. Those young women are now Seniors in high school and it is hard for me to believe they will be moving out into the world. Since I no longer live by them, I think of them often and wonder what they're plans will be? Where will they go? What will they be studing? Maybe they will get married?

All I know is that I feel truly blessed for having them in my life. Here I am now in a new place and once again with the Young Women. It is amazing how quickly you develop a love for these girls and how much you think about them, hope for them, and pray for them. I know this is a random post, but last night really got me thinking of how truly grateful I am for The Gospel in my life, the things it has taught me, the strength it has given me, the blessings I have recieved and continue to recieve, I am amazed by the things I have learned through these callings and the way my testimony has grown over the years.

My testimony is truly one of the greatest blessings I have and I am very grateful for my time of learning from the Young Women and the leaders I have served with. I don't know how long I will serve with the Young Women or what my future callings may be, but I know that my life has been enriched and blessed by the leaders I had growning up and to think that I am now in that position is humbling. I truly am grateful to have the gospel in my life and to have the knowledge of a Savior who knows and loves me.

4 comments:

kg said...

And all those lucky girls to have you as a leader too! What great organizations the church has!

Holly said...

I have thought over and over again how grateful I am for callings. They are such a rewarding and a blessing! I loved my time in YW and was recently released. But you never stop loving them, watching them, and worrying about them.

Thanks Kim!

Brazil's Girl said...

Kimmy, Oh my gosh it has been too long!! And I've been looking for your on Facebook. Why won't you join? I see that you are into photography now, eh? Well so am I, how crazy is that? See we've always been suposedly sisters at heart. First, I.D. now photo... Except that I was planning on starting my little biz and my honey called me to help him with his practice. So that's what I'm about to do now. Photography will have to wait another year or so. Good to connect again!

Love,
Ren.

Brazil's Girl said...

Baby Bella will be going to work with me. She's just 2 months today so she still sleeps all day long. I'll have a little office of my own so she'll stay with me, and I can feed her and put back to sleep etc. Your kids are super cute too, I think I only saw one picture of them before.

Are you guys still in WA or OR? How's life treating you? Why won't you joing FB again? How come you are so against it?