On Friday we got a lot accomplished we were able to see my sisters new place (they just moved), unfortunately it was only for a few minutes and I was sad I didn't have time to stay and help her unpack. We then headed for the open house. We waited in the stake center for about and hour and after seeing a short film we took a bus up to the temple. The inside of the temple is gorgeous. The furniture they pick is always so beautiful and high end. The stained glass windows had a prarie style to them, and reminded me of Frank Lloyd Wright. There were beautiful murals painted on the wall. The chandelier in the Celestial Room was amazing. Madie said her favorite room was the Baptismal font. It was neat to take the kids into one of the sealing rooms and let them look into the mirrors and see their refelctions go on and on. I really think the kids felt the spirit and they loved going inside a temple. I am so glad we took them, it is a memory I will always cherish.
( It always feels impossible to get a picture of all of us. Some lady was nice enough to take a picture of all of us together, but none of them turned out. So here is a picture of Jeff and the kids with the temple in the background.)
After the temple we were able to go and visit my mom and we were also able to take the kids over to see my Grandma, who now lives really close to my mom, so we will be able to see her more often than we used to. Jeff and I then left the kids with my mom and went out to dinner with Jeff's sisters, their husbands, and Jeff's parents. It was nice to visit and the food was yummy. On Saturday Madie and I headed down to Leslee's shower with Jeff's mom. Amy; Jeff's middle sister was hosting the shower at her house and she worked hard to get some projects done before the shower and the place looked great. Jeff's aunt and cousin did a great job with the food and decorations. Leslee made off with a great stash of stuff for the baby. It was nice to see all of the cousins and aunts. After the shower we were able to stop by Leslee and Collins soon to be house and it was gorgeous. We are excited for them. After we got back to Jeff's parents house and had dinner Jeff and I went and saw the movie "Taken". I thought it was a good show that was full of suspense.
We Left after church to come home. It was such a nice visit and I feel like we got so much accomplished while we were there. We saw tons of family and Jeff and I were able to go on two dates. The kids had fun with Grandmas and Grandpa and taking the kids to the temple was such an awesome experience. It was a great weekend.


7 comments:
So glad that you got to do and see so much while you were here. I feel bad that I end up missing the shower.
We also went to the Draper Temple open house and I still need to blog about that. Glad you had a fun mini trip!
Sounds like you had a nice visit. Are you enjoying living closer so you can come to family things? I think you live the perfect distance from family. You can come when you want, but are not expected to make it to everything.
What a fun and productive trip. What a great thing for your kids to go to the open house. I still remeber going to the Boise Temole open house.
Kim, Madie's outfit is so cute! It's funny we take so many close up shots of our kids, your photo is reminding me to scoot back and take some full body shots every once in awhile. What a great weekend! It was fun to talk to you the other night.
I am counting down the days until April!
That will be my parents new temple. . .so beautiful!! I need to take my kids to a temple open house some time, that is an experience everyone needs!! I miss you, we need to hang out sometime!!
It was good to see you my sister, even if it was for just a few minutes. I'm glad you had a good trip. Madie looked so cute in that outfit she was wearing to the temple, she looked very stylin'! Love ya!
Post a Comment