So what did we do? We did cleaning, the kids played, we took a trip to the library (the kids had a lot of fun at Story time), Madie and Ethan planned at Circus in Madie's room, we had friends over to play, Madie snuggled and looked at books with Landon, Madie accessorized with all her jewelry and put on her sparkly lipgloss, Landon played with blocks, Madie read Magic Treehouse: Buffalos before Lunch, Ethan played with tinkertoys, there was drawing & coloring, a few movies, playing on the computer, playing sleepout in my closet, we watched lots of march madness, and Landon felt left out a lot because he just can't keep up with the big kids.
Madie looking at one of the books we checked out from the library
Accessorized Madie
Ethan "The Clown" from Madie and Ethan's Circus
Jeff took Friday off and we took the kids to an indoor play park with ball pits, tubes to play in, slides, and ropes to climb on. Madie and Ethan both said there favorite part was finding each other after getting seperated. Landon had fun playing in the toddler area. Yesterday the weather was pretty good in the afternoon so the kids played outside a little why Jeff did weeding and some other yard maintence.
As I mentioned above the kids have been really into march madness. Every year Jeff puts together a March Madness pool with all his cousins and their spouses. This year he decided to let any of the kids put together a sweet sixteen bracket. Madie and Ethan picked theirs and they have been so into watching the games and rooting for their teams. It has been pretty funny to watch them raz each other about whose team is loosing and winning. Who knew that a six year old and a four year old could get so into march madness.
Yesterday Madie ran some errands with me and we had some Madie -Mommy time. It was her suggestion for just us girls to go. I love that she loves to spend time with me and it is great to be able to have some one on one time with her. It will be weird to send her back to school tomorrow after having her around so much. I will miss having her at lunch and all the great help she gives to me. I know Ethan will miss having Madie around to play with.
It wasn't an exciting week that's for sure, but it was nice to just be together. I am really looking forward to this weekend. Madie doesn't have school on Friday (parent teacher conferences) and we are headed to see family. I have a photography workshop I am going to and I will be seeing one of my bestest friends Julia from Oregon who is also attending the workshop. It has been almost two years since we have seen each other and it is going to be a blast to be reunited. Jeff's sister is having a baby any day now, In fact she is already overdue, and we are all looking forward to meeting our newest nephew this weekend as well. All I can say is I have spring fever in a major way and I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here. I hope you all had a great spring break.
It wasn't an exciting week that's for sure, but it was nice to just be together. I am really looking forward to this weekend. Madie doesn't have school on Friday (parent teacher conferences) and we are headed to see family. I have a photography workshop I am going to and I will be seeing one of my bestest friends Julia from Oregon who is also attending the workshop. It has been almost two years since we have seen each other and it is going to be a blast to be reunited. Jeff's sister is having a baby any day now, In fact she is already overdue, and we are all looking forward to meeting our newest nephew this weekend as well. All I can say is I have spring fever in a major way and I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here. I hope you all had a great spring break.




5 comments:
Sorry the weather didn't cooperate. My kids still have 2 more weeks until spring break. Hopefully the weather will be "spring like" by then! Glad your kids made the best of it!
Our spring break is in two weeks and the kids only get Thursday Friday and Monday. I am really praying for good weather, or a trip to St. George if Tim can get work off. I love the Circus Clown That is tooooo cute!
That picute of Ethan is just too cute...he makes a perfect clown!
It sounds like even though the weather was subpar, you guys still had fun!
Talk to you soon!
Kim we are going to have to get the kids together at some point. Even though the thought of the planning just gives me hives...we need to do it!
Sorry your spring break weather was a bummer! I hope spring comes soon too! Sounds like you guys still had a good time though. We're super excited to see you this weekend!!
It seems like this March has been pretty rotton. I am ready for blue sky, flowers, green grass, ect.; hope you have a good conference weekend. I will plan a GNO after Easter!!
Post a Comment