I debated about even doing a post on my own Birthday because it seems so lame, but I also felt that I would be ungrateful if I didn't say how thankful I am for the gift of life, My life. I don't know if it's because my Birthday is on Earth Day but I have always been grateful for the beauty of the Earth and the peace I find in nature. It amazes me the abliity the Earth has to sustain and create life. I know I need to do more in my own life to help maintain the Earth and to keep it healthy and clean.
I find that as I get older Birthdays seem less and less important. I don't remember what I was doing on most of my Birthday's but seven years ago today Jeff and I went out to eat to celebrate my Birthday it was also just a few days before Madie would be born. I remember thinking that I better enjoy the dinner and being out because in just a few days my life would be forever altered and changed. Madie was the best Birthday present I have ever recieved (a few days late of course). The gift of motherhood has forever changed how I see the world and how I view my own life. I am thankful for the ability that I have had to carry and give life with the body that I was given.
Two years ago just a few days after my Birthday Jeff and our little family left our home and community and set out on a new adventure in a new home and a new community. There are many days when I yearn for what we left behind. The people and our town were so good too us. I have so many good memories of those years; the things I learned, the people that touched my life and taught me much, the trials that helped me to grow, the family we raised there, the house we bought and cared for, the community we became a part of, and our church that was our family. Two years have come and gone and while I miss what we had I am thankful for what we have gained. We live in a community with so many good people, Landon was born, we have a nice home, we are closer to our families, Madie and Ethan have friends, Madie loves her school, Madie, Ethan, and Landon have grown and changed, we have good neighbors, our new ward is our new family, and new friendships are continually being made.
Last year Jeff gave me my camera and it has been a wonderful gift. Not only did he give me a camera, but he gave me the gift of creativity, an outlet, a release, something for myself. I have so much to learn, but I am grateful for what I have learned so far. I can see a progression, I can see improvement, I can see that I am growing.
Today I am grateful for the sunshine, the warm temperatures, a wonderful and caring husband, my three beautiful children, good friends, great family, my testimony, my health, the beauty of the earth, and all the blessings I have been given. I don't remember every birthday or every present I have recieved, but what I do remember every year is this is the day I came into this beautiful world, this is the day where I breathed my first breath and for that I am eternally grateful.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Beautiful post Kim! I think it's great to do a post like that on your birthday. It's nice to reflect and see how blessed we are. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful, fun day!
Happy Birthday Kim. Wishing you a great day.
So beautifully written Kim! I wish that we would have done more when we lived closer! That is why I am so glad that we have blogging. It doesn't take the place of being able to pop by or get the kids together but I am so thrilled we are friends (best friends!). Happy Birthday! I hope you get a really cool present!
Well shoot I didn't even know it was your b-day! Happy Birthday!
you would think after being your visiting teacher for almost two years that I would remember your birthday. Happy Birthday to you. I am amazed at your creativity and your beautiful family so often. I wish I lived a little closer to you so that our girls could grow up together. Anyways, I will stop talking so much. Tell Jeff to take you out to a nice dinner and indulge in a large piece of cake. :)
Happy birthday!!
Happy B-Day Kimburrito!!:) I sure hope it was a good one! That was a good post...you are a good writer. I'm sure glad you were born too. Thanks for being such a good sister and good example. LOVE YOU:)
Hope you had a wonderful birthday! What a great day to have a birthday!
Post a Comment