Friday, June 05, 2009

Is it really over?

Well Madie officially had her last day of school on Wednesday. It was a half day and the families were invited to finsh out the year by having a family picnic with their child before checking them out. It was hot, it was bright, but it was great to spend time with Madie at school before ending out the year.

Madie had a great time in first grade. It was hard at times prying her out of bed and getting her out the door, but she was a trooper. I can't believe how her reading has improved, the math she can do, she kicked but at spelling, and she had a great time in health, music, computers, and learning some science.


Photobucket



Photobucket



I was worried at the beginning of the year because no little girls from church or the nieghborhood ended up in her class, but she did great and made lots of new friends. I am proud of her, for her ability to make friends and be kind to others.

I am glad I was able to go into the class often this year and get to know Madie's teacher, see how Madie acted at school, meet her little friends, and I got pretty good with the copying machine.

It is hard to believe that come next year Madie will be a second grader. I loved second grade it was my favorite, but it also feels like yesterday that I was there could my own daughter really be that old already? It is strange how fast they grow up and change. I am very proud of Madie for the great girl she is becoming, and for doing so well this year at school.

5 comments:

Holly said...

What a cutie, way to go girl! One year down, many more to come!

Julia Shinkle said...

It is so funny because I snapped a few of Rowdy before he got on the bus for his last day and he gave almost the same expression as the second one. She is a doll and I love that they got to talk on the phone. I love these!

I have almost made it through our first day of being home with all three of the kids all day...woo hoo!

Emily said...

Good job girly! We are already on to FIFTH and SECOND grade. Crazy how time flies. I truly remember elementary school like yesterday.

Tracey said...

She must get those silly looks from her mom:);) They are cute. That IS pretty crazy that she will be in 2nd grade next year. I keep going through my old pictures and finding pics of her when she was just a baby, it's hard to believe she's so big now!

Alli said...

Love the pictures :)