It doesn't seem like much has been going on these last few weeks here, execpt sickness. Last week on Wednesday Ethan had a pretty high fever by the time the evening rolled around. He missed school that Friday, which was his field trip to the pumpkin patch. He was pretty disappointed as he was excited to ride the bus there. He missed his soccer game on Saturday and he stayed home from church and missed school again on Monday. By Sunday his fever was finally under control without medicine, but because of his hacky cough I decided to not send him again on Monday.
On Saturday I started to not feel so hot myself. No fever, but a terrible head cold that has lasted for days and a horrible cough that seems to be getting worse not better. I am headed to the doctor today to make sure it's not turning into anything.
On Tuesday Madie came home and by evening was feeling hot, so she stayed home yesterday and is home again today. She has had a pretty bad cough, and is still feverish without medicine. It looks like she will probably miss tomorrow as well. Than lastnight Landon started feeling really hot and he proceeded to throw up two times lastnight before bed. It was about all we could do to keep him awake until bedtime.
Last night was the worst I can't even believe how little sleep we got. Madie was up at least three times before Jeff and I even got in bed. She got up at least two more times after we were in bed and I finally told her she had to stay in her bed (she was getting up to cough in the bathroom instead of her room). Landon cried out at least two or three times. Finally Jeff got up and went in with him to check to see if he was alright. He ended up sitting and rocking with him for awhile until Landon fell back asleep. Ethan was the worst of all. Go figure the kid who doesn't even have a fever anymore. He got up at least five times. He kept hacking and crying, and getting up for drinks. Jeff and I were both loosing our cool with him, we were both so tired by this point. Poor Jeff had to get up for work. The kids at least slept until 9:00 and Madie went for a record by sleeping until almost 11:00.
All I can say is I am soooooooooooo ready to be done with this. Part of me feels like I am going to go insane. Being at home for so many days and dealing with sick kids all day long while not feeling well yourself is enough to make one cry (and I have). I just hope that we can get through this and move on to healthier happier days. I think we are all ready for this junk to get outta here and leave us alone. So this is pretty much a venting post, but that's what our life has been like for about a week and a half. I truly do not wish this upon anyone. So anyone who is willing please keep us in your prayers and thoughts and let's all hope a speedy recovery is on it's way because heaven knows I need it.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Prayers are being sent your way. Hope you all recover soon. Love you...
I feel for you...Melina missed three days last week and Sariah hasn't gone to school this week....all fevers and aches...being a stay at home mom sometimes sucks when you are literally at home.
I'm sorry Kim! Hang in there. Call me if you need to vent verbally!
Kim,
Hang in there. I understand how hard it is to be sleep deprived with sick ones. Hopefully tonight all will sleep soundly and get the rest that each of you need.
Kim, when my kids were going through their sicknesses, they all crawled into my bed at night. We have a California King, but 2 adults and 3 children is pretty cramped. Count your blessings-- at least your kids aren't in bed with you....yet.
The worst is almost over. I'm sure you've heard a ton of that and are ready to slap the next person who says that. We will keep you in our prayers!
I am so sorry you have definitely had it worse than me and I was about to lose it! Good luck, I'll be hoping everyone gets better.
I am so sorry...this doesn't sound like any fun at all. Sounds miserable. Hang in there...you will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!
I am so sorry that is the worst we will pray for you. It isn't this swine flu? I am scared to death of every sniffle or odd behavior. good luck I hope it ends soon!!!
Hope they are all better now!
Post a Comment