Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reflections

Madie decided to enter our PTA's reflections contest this year the theme was "Beauty is....". She came home and told me about it and already had an idea of what she wanted to do. She decided that she wanted to use leaves that had fallen off the tree and glue them on a paper with fabric to represent the wind. I was impressed that she had already thought up an idea. Leaves were collected, she painted the posterboard, used tissue paper instead of fabric and I helped her glue the leaves on. "Beauty is....the changing of the seasons" to Madie. She did a great job and I am so proud of her, she didn't take first place, but the fact that she even entered, makes her a winner to me.

Last week they held a reflections gallery, to display the work that was submitted.


Photobucket

Madie and her project

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Madie and her friend Kathleen who also submitted a project

8 comments:

Kymberly said...

Well done Maddie!It is a beautiful picture.

Tracey said...

You go girl!! I totally agree, I love the changing of the seasons, especially Fall, when the leaves are changing. I think it was a very creative approach. Also, that's awesome that Jeff's parents were able to come visit you guys, looks like you had a good time:)

Julia Shinkle said...

If I was a judge I would have given her first place! Look how creative that is? She has always been a rock star artist. Way to go Madie!

Emily said...

Good job Maddie!

Michelle said...

She did a great job!

Jackie said...

Wow! That was a very clever idea for her to come up with. I think fall is a great season for everyone. She is so cute Kim.

Ryan and Angela said...

What cute girls. I am glad they did that together so they could hang out that evening. It is always fun seeing you guys places.

Angela said...

I think Madie must take after her creative mother! Way to go, Madie! I love your idea!!! :)