Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Blessed
I just watched a slide show of pictures from the Haiti Earthquake and I just can't stop thinking about how blessed I am. Why was I born in a country with such freedom and posterity while others live in such meager circumstances. I am so often overcome by the unfairness of the world. Some have so much money they don't know what to do with themselves. They live frivilious lives never knowing what it is to want and never thinking of reaching out to others. Others live a normal life, working, saving, dreaming, doing the best they can (I think this is the majority of people). While others live in poverty not having shelter, food to eat, clothes to wear. The injustice of humanity and the greed and selfishness of man is disgusting to say the least. Sometimes I feel small in my safe little world, wishing I could do more, but not knowing how. I am grateful for what I have been given and feel overwhelmed at the blessings of freedom I enjoy. I pray and hope for the Haitian people and all those that suffer around the world. Let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers and be thankful for the bounty we enjoy.
Labels:
Journaling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are brave to watch those slide shows I can't...the images haunt me. We are going to do some kits for them in primary this sunday.
I have often struggled with this same thing, wondering why I was so lucky to be born in the United States, with the gospel, never having to want for anything. It troubles me. But I also realize that I have a greater responsibility to share the gospel with the world and teach my children so they can do the same.
It isn't fair. There must be opposition in all things and I know that when the Savior comes, peace and equality will reign.
I am with you on this one. Hugs!
Post a Comment