Sunday, January 03, 2010

Temple Square

Over Christmas break we were able to take the kids to Temple Square. We haven't taken them since Ethan was little and it was fun to take them back now that they are a little older. It was cold, but we stayed warm by walking from building to building. We started in the North Visitors Center where we say the Christus statue. I am always amazed by how beautiful it is.


Photobucket




Photobucket

(I thought the Christus satues refelction in the window with Temple in the background was so beautiful)

We then headed to the tabernacle, Ethan was disappointed because he was under the impression that we would actually be seeing the Tablernacle Choir preform (I think we've watched Joy to the World to many times).

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


Landon had a good time climbing around on the benches and being out of the stroller (where he stayed majority of the time). We then headed over to the South Visitors Center which had some new exhibits I hadn't seen before. Madie and Ethan liked the one that showed Mormon Ad's and looked like a little town. There were beautiful Christmas trees in every building with huge ornaments, the kids thought it was fun that I took pictures of their reflections.


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket



On our way to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (JSB) Jeff and I showed the kids where he proposed to me. Ethan thought it was pretty funny and even pretended that he was proposing to Madie using a funny voice. At the JSB we saw more beautiful Christmas decoractions and listened to a very talented older woman play the piano. Landon was very interested in her playing and walked right up to the piano. She was very sweet with him and even played him some Christmas songs and sang the words to him. She was so nice and the Landon loved it.


Photobucket




Photobucket



We then took the kids to the top floor of the JSB so they could see the temple below. On our way to the Conference Center we walked by the big reflecting pool in front of the temple. At the Conference Center the kids got to look in the huge atutorium where General Conference is held. They couldn't believe how big it was. I am so glad we took them, it was a neat experience for them to see the Temple where Jeff and I were married and to see where the Prophet speaks to us. I hope we can make it back to Temple Square more often.



Photobucket

5 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

These are great Kim. I have seen lots of pictures of Temple square at this time of year and you really captured some parts that I have never seen. The kids remember those visits and it is important to take them. I have been a blogging freakazoid because I am trying to get caught up on my 365 challange and it is going pretty good. But I am looking forward to just blogging normally again. Chat with you soon.

Hayley said...

those hats!!!!!!

Amelia said...

I love temple square, seeing your pictures makes me sad that we settled for "lights at Willard Bay"... next year.
I,m glad you guys had a good Christmas! Thanks for the cute card. Sorry I am so bad with sending cards... I saw Michelle's mom at a family thing, she had seen your card at Michelle's and said what a cute family you have! She had a girl and then three boys and said it was the best thing ever!! Hope you are well!
A

Tracey said...

Yeah, it looks like your trip to Temple Square was a lot longer than ours, since the visitors centers weren't open when we went. It was really beautiful though. I like all of the pictures you took. The ornament pictures are cool. It was totally fun to see you and hang out. It definitely would be super fun we lived close, but that's okay:) Love ya!!!

Dinger said...

Can't believe how much Landon has grown these past few months. Guess it really is time for him to be a big brother.