Well yesterday Owen was officially 4 weeks old. I would have never imagined that we would be in the hospital just weeks after his birth. It's a hard thing to see your sweet little baby all hooked up and having such a hard time. Owen is at this time on oxygen, and IV, and hooked up to several monitors (heart beat, oxygen level, pulse). He has been deep suctioned many times. The deep suctioning consists of them sticking a tube down his nose to the back of his throat to suck out all the muccus that is making it hard for him to breathe and eat. The whole first day we were here, he didn't eat at all, but he is nursing regularly now. We are pretty sure he is over the hump because he is maintaining on the same amount of oxygen and the muccus seems to be lessening. They won't send him home until he doesn't need oxygen, he is eating regularly and well, and he has less muccus. At this point in time we don't know when all that will happen, but I hope he is on his way. I also wanted to say Thank you to all of you who have shown support, by leaving comments, those who have brought in dinners, and those of you who have been keeping us in your prayers. It helps to know that we are being thought of. On Sunday Owen will be one month, I can't think of a better birthday present than to come home, but I guess only time will tell. Hang in there little Owen you are sooo loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Those pics make me want to cry. He is so perfect and cute! I hope that you'll get your wish and be out for his 4 week mark! Give him all of our love.
I am so sorry to hear that your sweet little Owen in is the hospital. I can't imagine how tough that must be for you.
I will keep Owen, you and your family in my prayers.
Good to hear things are improving, I'm hoping for a Sunday homecoming for you all!
Man, he's gorgeous (even with his hospital accessories). I really can't wait to meet him. I'm sorry we're not closer to help out this week. It sounds like you have some great friends and neighbors, though. Sending good thoughts your way. We love you lots!
Oh he is precious. We are praying for him...
I am so sorry that we're not closer to help, or at least to come visit right now. I'm SOOO glad that he is doing better and actually nursing! I'm sure you're glad too! Hopefully he can make it home for his one month "birthday." He really is just too adorable. We're sending much love your way:)
I've been thinking about you and praying.
He is looking so adorable. I am glad he is starting to get well. So thankful for prayers and the time we live in of modern miracles.
How are the rest of you kids doing? Wish we were there to help you.
Kim, I hope you are doing ok. Please remember to take care of yourself as well, you are still recovering too. And please let me know if I can do anything. I will plan on driving all this week to preschool.
By the way, Owen is adorable!
Aunt VJ said: It's so hard when your sweet little one is so sick. We are praying for his recovery. Alissa's little Sadie went through the same thing about a month ago and is doing fine now. We are praying for him....and for all of you.
This brings back all the memories I have of being there last year at this exact time with Reese when she was 6 weeks old. Hang in there, it is super super hard to see your baby sick like that but it does get better. You guys are in our prayers and let us all know of Owen's progress!
Post a Comment