Thursday, May 13, 2010

Owen Physical Therapy Update

I have been taking Owen to physical therapy for the past five weeks. Every week she has given me new excercises and stretches to do with Owen's head and neck. The week before last she said that Owen was doing good enough to move it to every other week, so we didn't go last week. Today when we went she was impressed and said he is looking good. While he does have a little flat spot on the back of his head she said that for sure he is not going to need a helmet and that the flat spot will hopefully correct itself. He is supposed to do a lot of tummy time, and spend the least amount of time on his back as possible. He still kinks his neck to the right when he is laying down because of the flat spot, but he has good range of motion in his neck and is looking to the left alot more than he did before the therapy. She said he has improved enough that we should only have to bring him every three to four weeks. I am so happy that he is making progress and that we won't be needing a helmet. It is amazing the things they can do to help babies and children now days. I am glad that we caught it early enough. Owen is growing and changing so much. He is a little chubber and was in the 65% percentile for weight at his two month appt. (he was closer to three months when we actually went in though). He smiles a lot and is making cooing and talking noises, he does pretty good at tummy time, he brings his hands together and up to his mouth and drouls alot which means his shirt is always wet, he loves his brothers and sister to talk to him, he still has a lot of hair, and he is a sweet little guy. I can't believe he will be four months old at the end of this month. That's about what's going on. I will keep reporting on his progress and the things that he is up to.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Such good news.

Unknown said...

That's great news, Kim. I'm glad it's gone so well. He is a serious cutie.

Tracey said...

Oh man, I totally didn't even see this post until today! I'm so glad little man doesn't have to get a helmet! YAY!!! I can't wait to see the little cutie again, especially now that he's a chub:) Take some more pics soon! LOVE YOU!