Monday, September 27, 2010

8 Months Old

Owen has been changing so much lately. He is getting so close to crawling. He loves to get up on his knees and rock back and forth. He is doing a lot more rolling and can get into the sitting position from his tummy. He enjoys meal time especially when his sister and brothers smile and talk to him. So far he seems to like most everything I have given him to try. He does seem to be bothered by things that are too cold though. He likes to be vocal and makes a little churping type sound. While he isn't crawling yet he does manage to get around. He scoots himself backwards and can meander around by rolling and then sitting up. His way of getting around is making me realize how unbaby proof my house is, and how many small toys there are laying around. We are going to have to have a lesson with the kids on putting small things away and keeping them out of Owen's reach. It is fun to see his personality developing. Overall he is a good baby, but I can't seem to get him to take two naps. I know my others were still taking two naps until they were one or older. I haven't been able to bring myself to give him a haircut. I just know once I do so much of his babiness will be gone. I think I'm getting closer to caving in though, his little hair is pretty unruly and Madie put a clip in his hair the other day and her and Ethan were calling him Owenia. Maybe that's a sign that it's time? Owen just seems to be growing up so fast, it makes me sad especially since he is our last. We love you Owen.


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

6 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

He is such a sugar lump Kim! Super cute shots..love the basket and the lighting. He even gave up a smile for his mama...good boy!

Tracey said...

Owenia?! hahaha! That is too funny:) Yeah, I guess maybe it IS time to cut his hair. He's so cute. I'm super impressed he's almost crawling, even with those chubber thighs!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

so cute! Nice job!
Can't wait for our pictures! :)

Amelia said...

What a cutie! And I love the basket!

Leslee said...

He is so freakin' adorable! Collin still talks about his ham-hocks (which apparently is another word for thighs?) all the time!

Emily said...

He is so cute! Your pictures are always darling!