
Monday, September 06, 2010
Birthday Boy
Ethan came into this world three days over due weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz. He was born via c-section, blue and with the cord wrapped around his neck after a failed attempt at a v-back. He spent the first two weeks of his life under lights (one in the hospital, and one at home), because of a bad case of jaundice. Ethan was a very fussy baby and cried all the time. Ethan is a very picky eater and it always takes him forever to eat at meal times. He has always been a smart little cookie though. He knew his ABC's and recognized the indvidual letters before he was two, he has a photographic memory for words and was reading by four. Now at six he can read chapter books and knows how to spell a lot of words. He has a late birthday which means he missed the cut off last year for Kindergarten so he is one of the oldest kids in his class this year. Ethan never was a little boy that was obsessed with cars, but he is totally and completely obsessed with superheroes, Spiderman being his favorite. He is a sensitive and contemplative little boy. He has an inner comedian that comes out at the funniest times (just ask our home teachers and our dentist). Ethan has the most beautiful carmel colored eyes with long eye lashes, a smile that lights up a room, a kind heart, and he loves to give hugs and kisses. There were times I worried that I wouldn't make it through babyhood with Ethan because he was such a hard, fussy baby. I know that it was all worth it though, because Ethan is a special little spirit and he is turning into one amazing boy. He has taught me a lot through his tender little heart. There are times I feel unworthy to be his mother, and times I know I am not doing as good of a job as I need to with him. Ethan I know I am sometimes not as patient as I need to be, but I hope you know that you are so loved. I couldn't ask for a better son. I am so proud of you and the great person that you are. HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY, sweet boy. I LOVE YOU !!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Very cute pics I will have to come back and read what you wrote about him later just walked in the door...
He doesn't look like a little boy any more. He has really grown up. What a cutie.
amazing pics...he really has grown into an amazing little boy...I feel you when it comes to challenging kids...I think it must be kids born in 2004.
Post a Comment