Ethan has recently become quite obsessed with all things video games. He is constantly asking to play his DS or play Super Mario Bros. on the Wii. I have to admit he is picking things up faster than I thought he would, but I am starting to dislike both, because they are always on his mind. We just saved Princess Peach and passed Super Mario Bros. so I am hoping we can take a break and get him back to using his imagination. I love technology, but does anyone else feel a little overrun by it sometimes?
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Mason too! He is the best at it too in our family. I have GOT to get him reading!
Oh we completely have the same problem at our house with Cody. Granted he is home much of the day without a sibling around. But it still drives me crazy. I take them away for weeks at a time and tell him to play with his toys. But would rather not.
Definitely. Our kids can only play the Wii on set days of the week (they don't have a DS). And then they only get to play if they have tokens to do so. They get tokens (poker chips, each kid has their own color) by serving each other, doing their few chores etc. Tokens can also be taken away for bad behavior. We have actually gotten away from the tokens a bit but the days of the week that they can play (only 3) we do not deviate from - even if friends are over. It works for now but it definitely isn't a perfect system. I just keep thinking moderation in all things. :)
Amen sista. Alexis is obviously too small for video games, but boy does she LOVE to watch TV!! Technology is definitely a blessing AND a curse!
Post a Comment