Thursday, March 24, 2011

Potty Time

Photobucket



Well it's official Landon is FINALLY potty trained. None of our kids have been early potty trainers. Madie was the earliest at just over three years (which in my book is a great age), but the boys oh my they are super duper slow pokes. Ethan was almost four years old and here we are with Landon who also is almost four. I have always been of the mindset that you wait until they are ready, but with the boys they just didn't seem to care at all. About two and half weeks ago I couldn't take it any longer so I decided to take the bull by the horns and force the issue. I kept sticking Landon on the potty, but not getting great results, then Ethan was sick last week and it ended up being a good thing because it forced me to stay home and keep this guy on the potty regularly. I didn't think the day would ever come when he would be out of diapers. All I can say is I hope Owen is faster at potty training then his brothers have been, because I'm about sick of diapers. Jeff and I have been buying diapers for the past eight years with NO breaks in between and at some point in time all the kids have overlapped so we were buying diapers for two kids. He has been doing a good job though with practically no accidents, I am still totally afraid about going out and about with him in underwear, so I've been putting a pull up on him, but he has stayed dry, so maybe soon I will live on the edge and go out with him in underwear. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Go Landon!!! WOO WOO!!! I just pray Alexis will be a good potty trainer!:)
Good luck on going out with him in undies...I say GO FOR IT! (just take an extra outfit..just in case)

Julia Shinkle said...

Way to go Landon, and Mom! Ditto to what Tracey said about an extra outfit.

Todd and Amyjoy said...

I totally understand! Way to go! Our youngest has continued to do great. THEY have to decide when they are ready. At least that is how it is at our house. I am just glad that we're finally done with diapers after 10 1/2 years!