Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Kids

I decided to do another segment about what the kids are up to. I used to be so good about journaling for the kids I had a journal for each one and would jot down what they were up to every month so I wouldn't forget, well let's just say that went to the waste side a while ago. So here is another goal, every month I will write about what the kids are up to and be better at journaling so here it goes.

Madie seems to be growing up way to fast I am not ready for her to not be my "little" girl anymore. She is still very creative and still a very good helper. She loves school, is gettting more confident about reading, loves to sing. Madie has started to get a little sense of humor on here, including thinking that bathroom humor is sooo funny. She likes to make jokes even though most of them make no sense you have to laugh because she is trying so hard. She finally mastered the monkey bars but now wants to learn to whistle. Madie's biggest dream came true at Christmas when she recieved the infamous Leaspter. She is now often found snuggled on her bed or the couch playing her "video game" as she calls it. It's fun to see how she has figured out how to play the games with little or no help from us.

Ethan has become obsessed with movies to say it mildly it's like the kids lives and breathes TV. If I would let him that is all he would do all day. Let's just name all the movies he loves right now: Cars, Shrek, Incredibles, Aladdin, and Ratoutille. Ethan went to his first birthday party for a friend and did great (and Jeff nor I were there). Ethan has definetly started to imagine and pretend more. He likes to pretend he is Mr. Incredible (he says his sunglasses are his mask). Ethan has also started to make some little friends including Nathan and Blaine who moved onto our street. Ethan also has quite a photographic memory he can look at a word once and remember it, the kid reads by sight words alone.

Landon has outgrown newborn hood and reached a pretty fun stage. He is getting pretty good at sitting (he requires a pillow surround for long stretches of sitting) he loves to pull all the toys out of his toy basket and make a huge mess around him. His two middle bottom teeth broke through last month making the cutest teether smile. He started eating solid foods. While I don't think he really hates any of the foods he's tried I don't know if he is really loving them either. He always makes a really funny face when you give him the first bite. Landon just has the sweetest little face and smile I love him so much. He loves to make little noises and put everything in his mouth much to the chagrin of his older sister and brother. Landon has also entered the mommy boy stage where if I leave or walk away he gets upset. It's amazing how fast the time goes by.

That's about all that came to mind at this point, but like I said I challenge myself to do this every month and redeem myself for falling behind after the move and Landon's birth.

2 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

I loved reading about the kids. One thing stands out about what you said about Madie. And to tell you the truth I was glad to read it...Rowdy and Avery have started with the "potty and bathroom" humor lately. It is the topic of their conversation 90% of the time...ahhhh! It doesn't help that sometimes Ron will read them a book and change some of the words into "potty words" if you know what I mean. They think it is so funny when he does this and laugh until their sides are splitting. Luckily we have a barn and I just tell them that they have to go out there if they are going to talk like that...it doesn't work.

Alli said...

It was nice to read about those little guys, they change so quickly, that's it's good to pause every now and then and comment on where they are. I hope you keep it up. I used to think the potty humor would've been limited to boys, but if I saw toilet or underwear, my kids are in stitches.