Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Design on a Dime


So I have talked about my need for more creative indevors. I just finished making some cute little star pictures for Landon's room so I thought I would share my latest attempt at being creative. I also thought I would share some pictures I made for Madie and Ethan's room as well. I called the post Design on a Dime, because all of the pictures were so cheap and easy to make and I am all about easy.

Here are the cute star pictures. I bought these square canvases at my local craft store, then I painted them the colors of choice and had a friend in my ward make me the stars with her vinyl lettering machine. I think they turned out awesome and they match the colors in his room perfectly. Inexpensive and custom.

These next two pictures were so easy I can't stand it, but I love the idea. I found these frames for like super cheap at a craft blowout sale (keep your eyes peeled for cheap frames). I didn't know what I would use them for when I bought them, but they were black and matted and cheap, so I knew I would find a use for them. All I did was take some fabric squares of the fabric I used to make the nursery bedding (framing cute patterned paper works too) and framed them. Could it be any easier? I think it is simple, but really cute. They hang on either side of the window.


These next wo pictures are from Ethan and Madie's room. I found these frames with matts for super cheap at Target (on clearance). I found papers that matched their rooms and then I used chip board letters and flowers and put them in the frames. They were easy to make and I think they are pretty cute.


11 comments:

Cami said...

Those are so cute. Nice job
1

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I am so impressed with your decorating. I haven't done a thing to Nathan's room and want to try something, but it just overwhelms me. I love your ideas and your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing such fun pictures. (I deleted a previous post because I missed some words typing and it didn't make sense - trying to do too many things at once :).

kg said...

Very cute, love the square canvas!

Mary Ann said...

Adorable!

Dana said...

You're a genious! Very cute and I love how the stars/canvases turned out!
dana

Tracey said...

What's up Crafty McCraft?! And you think you have no talents! You're awesome at so many things!! You're projects look REALLY good! Love you sis!

Alli said...

I love it when I get one of those little spurts of creativity!

Michelle said...

So cute!! I need this kind of inspiration so please keep posting your cute ideas!

Amanda Davis said...

If you were trying to get onto Kelli's blog from my page and you can't it might be because it is a private blog. I know I can get onto theirs because I am a "member" or what ever they call it. They gave me access to it so I could check it. They had problems I guess with a hacker. If you email her they can get you permision to get on. if you need her email let me know!

Kymberly said...

Super cleaver and totally awsome. I just may have to idea lift :-)