Thursday, February 14, 2008
Portrait of a Woman
It all started with wanting a picture to put on the blog of myself. Let's just say it is hard to take a great picture of yourself. I am always the one behind the camera, so I have few pictures of myself. While looking through the many self portraits (trying to find a good one that wasn't too blurry) I thought of a picture my roommate Amelia took of me when we were in college and it made me think of how far I have come since then and the Woman I am becoming. It is hard to believe that I am 30 years old (and will be 31 this year) and the mother of three, time goes by whether we want it to or not. I have never thought of myself as an extremely gorgeous woman, but looking at myself through these pictures I can see the beautiful person that is being made. There have been many hard times in my life and many joyful moments that are leaving there mark on me; they are causing me to grow, to age and to change. I am thankful for the journey that has been mine so far, the beauty that I see in myself and the self confidence that comes with age and experience. I am a Portrait of a Woman being created.




Labels:
Journaling,
Kim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I think you are brave! I love the pictures and loved the journaling. I think I try to avoid taking stock on myself because the hard parts are just to hard to think about some times and I usually still end up feeling inadaquate and all that junk! Maybe I need to try to sit and be more honest with myself and try something like this! I love it!
Love the self portraits. It is nice to see you and I love what you wrote...You are beautiful inside and out.
By the way your friends list keeps growing...is it your goal to have a friend that starts with every letter of the alphabet?
What a great blog entry. You are in fact a beautiful woman and I treasure my friendship with this amazing woman.
Wow, that sounds like you should have it published. The funny thing is, I think that same girl is inside all of us.
Love your new hair cut...is it new? Sp are very hard, looks like you had fun! Love the talk about beauty too, what a wonderful post for your daughter to read!
Cute post! And I also love your haircut! ;)
you are beautiful! I am so inspired by your being able to really love yourself AND your family so much without losing a sense of who you are. Such a good example. And your hair! Just fabulous
I never have pics of myself either - and like every other female I know, I can always point out my own flaws. But then I realize that my kids look like me, and it's easy for me to see their beauty. And what they might later pick out to consider flaws, I find endearing. It's all a part of who they are and what makes them beautiful to me.
Post a Comment