Wednesday, March 19, 2008

On My Mind

I feel like I have so much on my mind right now, I guess I just want to vent, so bare with me. First Landon just threw up for the third time today and I feel so exhausted. He is pretty congested right now and just about everytime he starts coughing he ends up throwing up too. He has been doing this since Monday. Maybe he has acid reflux too? I don't know, but this kid seems to throw up way to much. The second thing on my mind is something I read on my sisters blog that makes Landon's throwing up seem so trivial. A lady my sister works with just passed away suddenly she had been having some problems with her throat and breathing since a surgery, but yesterday she passed away suddenly and she was only 35 leaving behind a husband and four children. I just read about this this morning, I don't even know the person, but I can't stop thinking about it. I think of those children growing up without a mother and a husband raising those children alone without his wife. I think of my own children growing up without me and I just can't bare the thought. I am glad I know that they will be together again, but it pains me to think of the journey they have ahead of them until that time comes. I guess it just makes me reflect on how precious life is and how many lives our lives effect and we don't even know. Sorry if this is such a downer post, but I just had to get these thoughts out somewhere and express what is on my mind. My heart and prayers goes out to this family in such a time of sadness and loss.

5 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

I know how you feel. I have had this experiance and it is hard! You worry about how your children will do with out you, how thier dad would do with out you! Sure makes you cherish the time that we have and try to do better while you are here!

Julia Shinkle said...

Kim - I totally had the phone in my hand to just call you and I stopped to check your blog first. How sad! I have a ton on my mind to so I am still going to call and we can vent together.

Michelle said...

That is my biggest fear. I don't fear death for myself, but I fear leaving my children without a mother. I have had days exactly like yours. If you ever need to talk, call me.

Dinger said...

Just when I think my life is so hard, I read stories like that I remember to count my blessings. I have a roof over my head, I have my health, a husband that loves me, and some wonderful kids. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!! Happy Easter.

Mary Ann said...

I thought about what it would be like to be a single parent when Matt was hiking to the tippy top of Angel's Landing. It seemed like forever before he came back. It makes you think when you hear things like that happening. I am blessed and I try not to take it for granted! Oh and by the way, Heather is teaching middle school in an inner city on the east coast, through Teach For America. That is why she flew in.