Some House Finches have made a nest in my hanging flower basket. I actually saw the birds bringing twigs and other things back to the planter to make the nest. I am so amazed that birds can actually use sticks, fluff, leaves, etc.. put them together and make such wonderful intricate round nests. Everyday I have been checking on the making of the nest and then the laying of the eggs, for four straight days everytime I looked there was a new egg. This picture was taken the day before I saw the fourth egg. The kids have also been excited about looking at the eggs. I have almost been afraid to water the flowers in fear of hurting the eggs, but it has been fun to watch them appear. It will be interesting to see what happens when the eggs hatch.

The eggs are a little fuzzy, but I didn't want to get to close and
disturb the nest. Isn't nature so amazing.
3 comments:
Cool! It will be fun to watch
Fun! Bird nests always are fascinating to me.
Nature really is amazing when you take the time to notice!! You'll have to post pictures of the babies. My Benjamin would love keeping an eye on this!! He's our nature lover.
Post a Comment