Thursday, July 17, 2008

Swim Lessons

Madie and Ethan started swim lessons last week. We have been going everyday and the kids have been loving it. I was a little nervous about how Ethan would do, but he has really surprised me and is doing great. Madie has done swim lessons in the past, but she was so afraid that we only had her do them before to help her not be afraid. It has been wonderful to see her this time with no fear and actually grasping and practicing the techniques she is being taught. The teacher is very nice and sweet with the kids. There are five children in the class, but yesterday there was only Madie, Ethan, and one other little boy. They have been playing fun games, practicing doing their bubbles and arms, they had a saftey day with life jackets and emergency pool training, yesterday they jumped into the pool from the side. Ethan was afraid and wouldn't do it, but finally we got him to jump in from sitting on the side instead of standing. It has been fun to see their progression and I am glad they are having fun. They are excited for Friday their last day because they get to go down the water slide and I promised them a snow cone afterwards.





4 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

I'm so proud of Ethan that is Awesome! I think Rowdy is learning how to swim be default...Everyday he spends time in the pool he keeps getting better and better. He is just going to learn by accident just by being in our pool. I am getting close to getting my camera...Costco has it for $799 (the xsi). That is a good price but I don't have all the money yet. I can't wait. I am thinking about taking a class at the community college. Maybe in the fall.

Mary Ann said...

That is amazing! It looks like they are having so much fun in the water. Jonah thought he wanted to try out swimming lessons, but then decided he didn't want too. Matt thinks I should just teach him since I was a lifeguard, but you know that sometimes it is hard to take "official" lessons from your mom. I am doing really good. How are you?

Amanda Davis said...

Your pictures are always so amazing! That is really exciting about the nest too! We had one this spring in one of our trees but it was to high to get pictures. Plus I think the Jay birds would have attacked me. (they are very teritorial!)

Tracey said...

Way to go Madie and Ethan! I'm glad you're giving them lessons, so fun! Seeing those pictures of the water just makes me want to go take a dip!