Today Jeff and I have been married for nine years. Time goes by so fast, we have actually known each other for eleven years now. Jeff and I lived in the same building and were in the same ward up at College. It was 1997 and Jeff had just returned from his mission a couple of weeks earlier and was starting his second year of school (he was able to get a year of school in prior to going on his mission) and I too was entering into my second year of school. That first semester of school we knew each other and would see each other at church and around the building. We even had dinner as apartments together, but it wasn't until after that Christmas break that we really started hanging out and becoming friends. Jeff and I would sit and talk for hours with each other, he would help me with projects for school, he and his roomates would hang out with me and my roomates, we would go on drives, he taught me how to drive a stick shift, we would go to movies and other fun activities together, and when he or I would go on a date with someone we would talk about it with each other after. Jeff became my best friends. Little by little I started to see him in a new light I realized I was having feelings for him. He was there for when through some hard times and I really appreciated his kindness and compassion. After a summer apart and a little wishy washing on both our parts we finally realized that we were in love.
Jeff proposed at the beginning of April 1999 and on August fifth 1999 we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. It was the best day of my life. I hardly slept the night before and I remember that when we got to the Temple and we were looking for a parking spot I saw Jeff and his parents crossing the street to enter Temple square and I felt such joy. That day was so special; to be with him in such an amazing place to be surrounded by our family and friends was a dream come true. Jeff has been and is an amazing husband and father, he is my best friend. The past nine years have been filled with there ups and downs, but that's what life and marriage are all about. I am grateful that we have had each other to lean on, learn from, share with, and comfort one another. I look at all that we have accomplished, the special children we have created, the memories we have made and my heart is full. Thank You Jeff for being the companion I dreamnt of, for being my best friend for so long, for loving me with all my faults and making me want to be a better person. I love you with All My Heart. Happy 9th Anniversary !!!!

8 comments:
Congratualations you guys! I'm so glad that we are friends and can share these milestones in life!
Loved the cute story about how you met. Congratulations on such a big day!!
Time goes by fast, doesn't it! I am so happy to be a part of the blogging world. It will be so fun to watch all the families grow. How do I get Rachel and other people set to private? That's my biggest obstacle right now...
Sometimes I can't believe you married my home teacher. JK Congratulations, you are both truly blessed to have each other, because I know how great you both are!
Congrat!!
Congrats sis! Sorry I"m a dorkhead and forgot to call you on your big day! You guys are great, we're so glad to have Jeff as part of the family!
Fun memories!!! And to think we got to see it all up close so many years ago.
Loved reading the story of how you met. May your memories and joy continue always
Post a Comment