Today was Madie's first day of first grade, we drove her to the school this morning and I walked her to her class while Jeff waited in the car with Ethan and Landon. Madie immediately saw a friend she knew and wanted to go out to the playground. After asking a her teacher a few questions we said our goodbyes and off she ran to play. Last night she was so excited for school she kept saying she was wishing it was time to go now. I am glad that she was happy about a new year and not scared.
Madie insisted on taking the bus home (infact she wanted to ride it too school, but I told her I was taking her for the first day) and after waiting and waiting the bus finally came (only about a 1/2 hour late). There was a swarm of moms waiting and worrying, the bus driver assured us it was only first day madness and that they shouldn't be coming so late everyday. Madie reported that she had a great day, she sits at a table with a little boy from our ward and she was happy about that. She reported making two new little girlfriends. She liked eating lunch at school and loved that she gets to play on the playground. It sounds like her teacher is nice and she can't wait to go back tomorrow. As far as I go the day went fine. I didn't really start missing her until lunch time when she would usually be coming home, it is going to take so getting used to, but I feel grateful that she had a good first day and hope she keeps having a positive experience.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Holy cow, Madie is such a little beauty!!! Those pictures of her are so cute! Just wait until she's old enough to date...the boys will be swarming! I'm glad she had a good time at school and that she is so brave. I think when Alexis actually goes to school I will be worried sick about her, wondering if she's scared, or making friends...how nerve-wracking! She's such a brave little gal, tell her Aunt Tracey loves her, and is proud of her (Ethan & Landon too). Love ya!
You are going to be in big trouble when Madie starts liking boys because she is sooooooooo beautiful! Yeah school!
She is stunning! She looks older somehow, I don't know if it is because of the material in the post, but she does look older. SO cute. Glad to know I am not alone in missing my first grader :)
She looks so grown up and beautiful in those pictures! I agree, you are going to have boys swarming. I am glad she had a good day.
She is gorgeous! I'm glad she loves school even though we miss them.
Hey Kim! How are you??!!! I just got your link off Kristi's blog-hope you don't mind! Wow! your kids are beautiful! We just had our first little guy-he is now 6 weeks old! Life is good- a little crazy, but good! Sounds like you guys are doing well! Talk to you soon,
Mindi
She looks so cute all ready for school. How sad that she isn't in Kathleen's class anymore. Kathleen asked me when she got home, where Madie was. I love the radio flyer pics. Very cute.
She looks beautiful and so grownup! I'm glad she's enjoying 1st grade. I can't get Jacob to tell me much about 2nd. I love the pictures of Landon too. The sepia ones turned out fabulous!
She is beautiful! Those pics are so cute of her!!!
Post a Comment