This week has been a busy one so here is just a little of what's been happening.
1) Madie had her school openhouse on Friday. We were able to go and tour the new school (just finished getting built, in fact there was still things being done while we were there) and meet her teacher. Madie seemed excited and nervous about going to a new place, but I know she will do great.
2) I am feeling totally frustrated with our old computer. The pictures my new camera takes take more room than our other camera and my pictures literally don't fit on this old thing, I keep having to move them to the external hard drive just to download (hence the super late post of our time with Jen). The search for a replacement has offically started and I am thinking laptop this time.
3) Landon has been napping horrible all week and driving me up the wall. He also has decided to cry at every nap and bedtime. He has never done this and I just can't figure out why now? I just hope it stops soon, it breaks my heart to hear him cry.
4) Madie had her first official soccer practice and she was too cute. She looked so grown up wearing her shin guards, and cleats. At one point during the practice the coach broke the girls into two teams to play againist one another, unfortunately the three biggest and most experienced girls were on one team and the other four smaller girls (including Madie) were the other team. One of the girls on the bigger team kept making goals. You could see Madie getting frustrated and Madie was working hard running after that ball and trying to get in on the action. At one point while waiting for the kick off you could see Madie talking to her teammate and pointing to the goal she was obviously strategizing on what they should do to get a goal. Madie even proceded to keep kicking the ball towards the goal even after the coach blew the whistle to stop. I am proud of how well she did and had to laugh at how competitive she was.
5) Jeff and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the olympics. I have to admit it's probably good that it is going to be over tomorrow, because we have been staying up waaaayy to late watching them. I just love watching the world come together and seeing those remarkable athletes recieve the credit they deserve.
6) Our new couch finally came this week. It is going to take a little getting used to, we all like it, but our old couch was so soft from so many years of wear and tear this one feels so stiff compared. I also finally finished my wall canvases and love them. The room is coming together if we could just find an accent chair we like the room would be complete.
7) This didn't happen this week, but I thought I should mention that our little birds finally left the nest. I took my flower basket down to water one day and was surprised to see no little birds in the nest anymore. I have to admit it saddened me a little and I almost felt I didn't get to say goodbye. It was such a neat experience and I welcome any bird who would like to build a nest in any of my future hanging flower baskets.
8) I finally got the rest of Madie's school supplies for school today. All I can say is all the things that we are required to bring is a joke, so much for public education and free schooling. I never remember lists like that growing up, but don't get me started on how bugged I am by it.
9) It was super fun having Jen, Wendy, and the kids up to our house we love having company and the kids love playing with their cousins.
10) I can't believe this was our last week of summer, it was busy, it was fun, and I will miss it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We loved the olympics too! (but we also need our sleep!) Sounds like Madie did great at her first soccer practice! Our first was more like looking at bugs and playing in the dirt, so that's pretty good.
if my kids are half as cute as yours i will be a happy mama. If that ever happens, that is. I think all of my siblings and cousins took the last of the good men.
Wow - sounds like you guys are doing SO great! Hard to believe the kids are back to school already huh?
As far as the computer - I have a laptop and I STILL have to download everything to my external hard drive - just dont have the capacity.
My external hard drive is pretty small and compact though - so I can take it in the same bag my laptop fits into. You may want to have Jeff/Preston chat about something like that for you too?
I LOVE my laptop and I am learning to enjoy my hard drive too - it helps a ton to know everything is safe!
The other thing preston has been doing for me is putting all our picts on disks each year and holding a copy at work too - just so we have copies in 2 places - just another safety precaution since I like to make stupid mistakes and erase picts.....
good luck and let us know if we can help -k-
Post a Comment