Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's Rock

I just wanted to give a shout out to all the wonderful mothers out there. I have been blest to have good women surrounding me all my life. I am grateful to my Mom who gave me life and who has always shown me support and love and taught me about perserverance. I am thankful for sisters who are not just sisters but friends Sisters who are strong women and good mothers. I have an angel for a Grandma who has lived an exemplary life. She has been through much and overcome. She has created an amazing family and she is truly loved. I am blest to have a wonderful mother in law who has been a great teacher to me and has treated my like her own. I am happy to have such great sister in laws who are wonderful women, mothers, and great examples. I am always so impressed by the love they have for each other. I am apprecitative of supportive friends that have helped to shape me, who have supported me, and have been my adopted sisters when family wasn't near.

So on this Mother's day I say Thank You to all of the women in my life who have made it better in some way. Women truly are angels on earth and your hands have touched my life in ways that will never be known to you, but that I keep close in my heart. I also want to express how truly humbled I am by my calling as mother. My children have taught me much, and continue to teach me daily. Being a mother has stretched me, changed me, and molded me into someone I could have never been otherwise. Being a mother is infintley harder then I could have ever imagined and why it may seem ordinary in the day and age we live in I know it is extraordinary. Mother is a calling that started long before this earth and will continue long after. I can't imagine being happy doing anything as much as being mom. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, women Rock!!!

5 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

Amen to that! That was a nice post Kim! I had a great day and even got to take a nap on the couch with Rowdy right next to me and Avery at the other end...they watched Bolt and I snoozed...it was fantastic! I hope you had a good mother's day!

kg said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Tracey said...

Thanks sister! Happy Mother's day to you as well! Thanks for YOUR example. Hope you had a great day:)

Emily said...

Hope you had a wonderful day! Happy Mothers Day to you!

Dinger said...

What a nice post. Hey, I got a new and improved camera that I would love your help with. I will never be as good as you, but I will love a crash course. I hope you are having a good week. We need to get together.