All I can say if things are crazy around here lately. Madie got out of school the middle of last week, Landon had his two year doctor appt on Friday and we also enjoyed a free Krispy Kreme Donut (Free Donut Day) that day as well. On Saturday we ran errands as a family, Jeff did some yard work, and we went out to Red Robin that night for dinner with the kids. It was nice to go out as a family.
I also wanted to mention a little about Landon's birthday since I never really said anything about how it went. Jeff's parents came up for his b-day and it was so fun to have them here to celebrate with us. We enjoyed a picnic in the park, a yummy dinner, and birthday cake. Landon loved seeing Grandma and Grandpa and had a fun time telling them all the new words he has learned. It was a quick trip for them so I appreciate that they came. Landon got a water table for his birthday since he loves playing with water. The table has been a success, even Madie and Ethan love playing with it. Landon also got some cute clothes, a truck for playing with outside, and a bubble lawn mower which he loves as well. As I mentioned Landon had his two year appointment and he is doing well, other than his weight which is a real concern of mine. Here are is current stats:
Weight 22 lbs. 15 oz. (4% percentile)
Head 48 1/2 cm (70% percentile)
Height 33 1/4 " (25% percentile)
The doctor says she thinks that Landon is just meant to be small and that he always has been, but 4% percentile, are you kidding me? I just don't know what to do? He is a pretty good eater, but he is defintely entering a picky phase. I have to laugh at his head size, all our kids have had some pretty good size melons. I hope at some point he has a really good growth spurt. I am supposed to take him back in a couple of months to make sure he isn't getting any lower on the growth curve. It is hard having a small child I have decided. Madie was huge and alway's 90% percentile growing up. You would never know it now though. It's hard finding clothes for Landon since he has no waist. I just hope that it will even out with him, like it did Madie and that as he gets older he will gain weight at end up being more average than tiny. On another note Landon is doing very well with his speaking. I was pretty concerned at his 18 month appointment when she told me how many words he should be saying and he wasn't saying that many yet. Landon's verbal communication has really been improving at a rapid pace. He is putting words together to make sentences and he can express himself quite well, and let me know what he wants or needs. The Dr. seemed impressed with how well he was doing so I am glad that he has improved in that area. Next month is our E.N.T. appointment and I look forward to figuring out what is going on with his ears and what needs to be done about it.
I feel like I haven't posted anything about Ethan for a million years, what can I say the kids just doesn't like me taking pictures of him lately. Here are some things about Ethan though: He has become very good on his scooter which he used to not care about at all. He loves popcicles and could eat them all day long. His favorite lunches are Peanut Butter, Banana, Honey sandwiches (this one he invented on his own and he loves it), he also loves "lunchables" which are cut up cheese, ritz crackers and pepperoni (or lunch meat). He is always begging me for lunchables at the store, but I refuse to buy them. One day we were late getting home for lunch and as we were driving I thought hey we could make our own "lunchables" at home. When I told Ethan about it he was really excited and it has become one of his favorites. Ethan has entered a clingy phase and has a hard time when Jeff or I leave the house. Ethan is getting a lot better at eating his vegtables (even though he still hates them). We discovered that he has to take a bite of something else on his plate when he takes a bite of veggies so he doesn't just sit there and mush them to death. It seems to be working well. Ethan is officially not so scared of dogs anymore. He has become very used to the dogs that live around us and is at total ease with them. This is a very big relief considering how terrified he used to be. Ethan is growing up and he is excited for preschool in the fall.
That's a little bit of what is going on here. I am taking a break from blogging until next week. Hope everyone has a great week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm sorry about the ear infection thing that has to be so frustrating. I wouldn't try to worry about the weight thing with Landon. I bet he will surprise you with a just like he did with talking.
Super cute shot of L-man...what does his shirt say? It is really sharp.
What a cutie pie! I wouldn't worry too much myself. He's going to be a mighty little guy before you know it!
Post a Comment