We had a really nice Christmas this year. My mom flew in a few days before Christmas, it was nice to spend time with her and the kids love all the attention that Grandma gives them. Christmas Eve we had a nice dinner, read the Christmas story, and the kids opened their yearly Christmas Eve present from Mom and Dad; new pajamas.
Even though the kids went to bed at the normal time, it was after 10:00 before they were asleep and then at 4:30 in the morning Madie came in wondering if it was time to get up, I quickly sent her on her way back to bed. We were all pretty tired the next morning (as you can see by Landon's face in the picture above).
I love Christmas morning, watching the kids open up their gifts just makes Christmas such a joy, especially when they get exactly what they want.
A couple of months ago an American Girl catalog ended up in our mailbox. I gave it to Madie to look at not knowing what I was getting myself into. Madie literally spent hours looking at the catalog and analyzing every little detail. Madie especially fell in love with the "just like you" doll with light skin, brown hair, bangs, and brown eyes. Madie just couldn't stop talking about how the doll looked just like her. Since that day all Madie has wanted for Christmas was an American Girl doll. It was a pricless Christmas moment to see her open up exactly what she wanted and she has barely set her down since. We even had to do matching hair do's Christmas morning.
Ethan loved the lego sets he got for Christmas, and was even excited about the Spiderman underwear that he pulled out of his stocking.
Landon couldn't wait to build a new Geo Trax with his new trax pack. Landon also got a garbage truck duplo set that he wouldn't stop playing with
We spent Christmas day lounging around in our pajamas, playing with toys, eating breakfast quiche and cinnamon rolls, and just enjoying being together.
On a sad note Jeff's Grandma passed away on Saturday just hours short of her 90th Birthday. She was a wonderful example to her family and the many people she served. I am thankful that I had the chance to know her before she became ill. It has been coming for sometime now, but she will be greatly missed.




3 comments:
Love the look on Landon's face in the first picture. Madie and her doll is so priceless I bet she was so excited to see it. See you when you get home :)
I love this post! Madie is so cuter with her doll and so funny the the "garbage" truck was a hightlight for Landon! I can't wait for you to get back so we can start photoshopping long distance!
I remember when I got my American Girl doll when I was a kid. That was probably the best Christmas I had as a child. Madie looks like she is in heaven with her little doll! :) The boys look very happy, too! I am sorry about Jeff's grandma. That is always rough...no matter how old they are!
Post a Comment