Monday, May 24, 2010

Mission Impossible

Trying to get a picture of all four of my kids together is like mission impossible. It makes me sad to have so few pictures of all of them together, but what do you do when your almost three year old refuses to sit still or even get in the picture. Then by the time you get him to sit still for two seconds and actually look at the camera the oldest two aren't smiling (or barely smiling) and the baby is crying and has had his fill. That's what it took to get just one, yes just one good picture out of like 25 pictures and even then Ethan isn't even really looking at the camera and him and Madie both have a fairly fake smiles. I will cherish it though because they are together. I hope it will get easier as Owen gets older and Landon starts to like the camera again.


Photobucket

[Sunday morning in their PJ's]



It's been a long time since I actually posted about the kids. Let's just say that having a baby and now four kids has taken it's toll. The house is not as clean as it used to be, the laundry piles up, the beds go unmade, the meals I make are not gourmet in anyway and most only take 30 minutes or less to make, the kids watch way more TV then they used to, and time to myself is at a minimum. I know it won't be like this forever, but for now that's the reality at our house. So pardon if my blogging is not at it's best (and probably won't be for months more).

Here are a few things about each of the kids:

Madie:

  • is almost done with second grade which totally blows my mind
  • she has improved so much in math, spelling, and reading. I am so proud of what a good student she is and she is really smart.
  • Madie is still obsessed with American Girl and was very happy to recieve some American Girl presents for her birthday.
  • Madie got baptized and has been so excited to take her new scriptures to church with her every Sunday.
  • she is a very good helper with Owen and just loves to be a big sister to all her little brothers.
  • Read the Fudge books by Judy Blume (Super Fudge, Double Fudge, Fudgeomania) and loved them all.
  • Has new teeth growing in and it's totally obvious that whe will be headed to braces at some point in time.
  • Is excited for summer

Ethan:

  • Has loved this year at preschool. He had a wonderful teacher and he had fun learning and making new friends.
  • Has become quite an artist of Spiderman and all other super heroes. He usually spends at least an hour or two coloring a day. His favorite medium is Crayola PipSqueaks markers.
  • Is a good reader and is sometimes found reading to himself on his bed.
  • His favorite game to play is Spiderman and friends Memory Match and his favorite show is Spectacular Spiderman.
  • Is a very good helper for me while Madie is at school and he tries hard to earn stickers for his sticker chart, so he can get another spectacular spiderman DVD.

Landon

  • Will be three this week which seems so crazy to me.
  • Is obssessed with buses, garbage trucks, back hoes, and dumptrucks. When we are driving in the car he is always on the lookout and shouts at the top of his lungs when he sees any of the above mentioned vehicles.
  • Has discovered the Leap Frog Letter Factory video which I am hoping helps him to learn his ABC's and what sounds they make.
  • Is at a challenging age where he wants what he wants when he wants it and is often found throwing fits when he doesn't.
  • Loves to play with Madie's play dishes and plays picnic all the time.
  • Is always asking for lollipops and treats the kids really has a sweet tooth.
  • Is super hard to take a picture of and runs when he sees the camera.

Owen

  • Is getting to be quite the chubbster. It looks like he will be taking after Madie. I will be excited to see what his percentiles are at his next checkup (which is next week).
  • Loves to suck on his hands and his clothes are constantly wet from all of his slobber.
  • Slept in his crib for the first time last week.
  • Loves to smile and loves his brothers and sister.
  • Does pretty good with tummy time, but usually spits up when he's on his tummy.
  • has rolled over a few times from his tummy to his back, but isn't doing it consistently yet.
  • is outgrowing all his clothes and can fit into some six month clothes, and wears a size three diaper.
  • Stills has alot of hair, but it is thinning out a little.
  • Is learning to grasp, but still doesn't have full control over what he grabs and how to keep a hold of it.
  • Owen is a sweetheart and is a fun addition to our family. We are all in love with him.

Photobucket

[The lighting was horrible in this picture, but I love it because I almost didn't even get a picture of it.]

7 comments:

Amy H. (bird geek) said...

Cute pictures! That one of Owen and Madie is adorable. He's getting so big...so is she!

Tracey said...

Who cares about the lighting in that last picture, it is THE CUTEST picture EVER!! I can't wait until the next time I get to see that little Owen in person now that he's a chub:) Cute little updates on the kids. Don't worry about not having a perfect house, I'm sure it's not as bad as you think!

Amelia said...

cutie cuties!

Julia Shinkle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Shinkle said...

(Sorry I deleted the first one because I had a typo)I know it is hard, because I suffer from the same affliction, but let go of the inner photographer in you and just get the shot. : ) I bet in years to come the out take shots and the ones with the bad lighting will be your favorite. Awesome update about the kids...I really can't wait to see Bo and Landon together!

The Brousseau Family said...

That is the greatest big sister picture ever!!!

Becky said...

What cute kids Kim! That baby is adorable!!! I think he looks like Maddie.