Friday, March 09, 2012

Landon's City

Landon Preschools class worked this last week making a city out of cereal boxes, complete with cars, traffic lights, a park, and roads. Landon kept coming home from school telling me all the things he had been working on. Today we made roads or today I made a traffic light. On friday they had a pizza party with New York style pizza to celebrate their city. I went up and took some pictures of his creations. It is always fun to see him and school and meet his little friends.



Landon at circle time

Photobucket


Skyscraper view

Photobucket


The Bridge. Landon's car is the small blue car going over the bridgeand has two "antenna"s coming out of it.

Photobucket


Notice Landon Way. Landon painted that stretch of the road.

Photobucket


Landon is doing well and making progress. At times it feels overwhelming thinking we still have a long road ahead of us, but he is learning and I am happy he is in a place that cares so much about his learning and growing. We recently had a meeting with the Occupational Therapist. They did some further testing and he is now eligible for OT time at school as well. We are hoping this extra time will help with is writing and cutting. We will have a meeting this spring to talk about wether or not we should send him to kindergarten this year or wait one more year. It will be nice to finally figure out what we should do, but we need to give him a little more time to see how he comes along. I truly am grateful that we are getting help for him, but it's still so hard as a parent to see your children struggle. I am excited to see how he will continue to excel.

1 comment:

Amy H. (bird geek) said...

What a fun project! He's obviously enjoying school. I know it's got to be stressful as a mom, but like you said, he's making progress and getting really great help. Hang in there. :)